Laying the Foundation
At Big Valley Christian School, we believe that a dynamic educational foundation sets the tone for a child’s lifelong learning process. To that end, BVCS provides a nurturing, Christ-centered environment in which elementary students can grow and develop into children who love to learn and discover. It is a privilege to partner with parents in our mission to provide educational excellence.
In addition to the curriculum, which meets or exceeds California state standards, BVCS provides numerous activities and opportunities for students to develop their God-given gifts and talents. Students are taught biblical truth as God’s word is integrated into each area of study.
The atmosphere on campus is characterized by a blending of love, acceptance and high standards for both conducts and academic achievement.
CORE INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM
Students in kindergarten through sixth grade are instructed in the following subject areas:
- Public Speaking
- Social Studies
- Library Skills
- Physical Education
- Music Appreciation (K-2nd)
- Recorders (3rd)
- Band, Choir (4th – 6th)
Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math allow for individualized pacing in those subject areas.
- All curriculum meets or exceeds state standards as well as being taught through a biblical worldview
- Teacher/Parent communication through weekly newsletters
- Teachers are available for direct communication via email or conference
- Quarterly EDventure after school electives
- Student Council (1st-6th) plan activities and events
- Weekly chapels emphasize character education, worship, and spiritual growth
- Mission and outreach projects
- Two field trips each year
- Music appreciation instruction in kindergarten through second grade, recorders in third grade, choir and band in fourth and fifth grade
- Learning centers provide varied academic and instructional experiences
- Physical education taught to students in kindergarten- sixth grade
- Extended Care program before and after school
- 6th-grade elective classes